7 Steps to be Energetic while Playing a Sport534 views
1. The first and most important thing for a player is to get a good night sleep, mentally he/she should be fresh their should be no sign of tiredness. A good tight sleep is very essential for sportsman specially before the ‘Big Game.’
2. Oh yes! you should have a healthy diet, the sportsman should take a healthy meal two to four hours before his match. He/She should have a snack just like peanut-butter-sandwich less than two hours remaining in the match, don’t eat too much just before the starting time of the game because it will upset your stomach while playing.
3. The sportsman should drink lots of water, according to a scientific research an athlete should drink water every 15 to 20 minutes while playing and also before and afterwords. Trust sports drinks are not good at all, they can only help us when the weather is to hot or we are playing for more than 90 minutes. An alternate for sports drink is to take coconut water or fresh lime to fulfill our body minerals while sweating.
4. Thinking about the game also gives you confidence, but you have to think in the positive manner. If you will think negatively, you will get nervous and come under a lot of pressure. You should sit at a quiet place so that you can focus on your game, get yourself mentally prepared and picture yourself playing the game, passing, shooting and scoring.
5. The player should be relaxed before the game, this will help him/her to give their best in the match. If he/she gets nervous they will lose focus and it will badly effect their performance in the game. He/She should listen their favorite song which gives them motivation so they could perform better in the match.
6. The sportsman should get a proper warm-up session and stretching before the start of the match, they should get a light warm-up for 5 to 10 minutes and the they should stretch their body equally for more than 10 to 30 seconds.
7. This is the most important point, you should remember all of the above points and remind yourself your love for the game. If you are truly in love with the sports you play, you will be energetic and you will give your 100% at any cost.