Published On: Sun, Aug 14th, 2016

Amir Khan presents championship belt to COAS

725 views
Bolton boxer Amir Khan fancies two fights against UFC hero Conor McGregor

Bolton boxer Amir Khan fancies two fights against UFC hero Conor McGregor

RAWALPINDI: Boxer Amir Khan met Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif in Rawalpindi on Sunday.

According to details, COAS General Raheel Sharif met English boxer of Pakistani origin Amir Khan at the  General Headquaters (GHQ).

Khan lauded the efforts and achievements of army chief and the military against terrorism.

He also presented the honourary championship belt to COAS for his services and efforts in maintaining the law and order situation of the country.

The renowned boxer presented the title on behalf of the World Boxing Council President.

AMIR’S TWO-CON TRICK Amir Khan wants to fight UFC legend Conor McGregor TWICE – in mixed martial arts with no holds barred and boxing

Ireland star Conor McGregor first tried to tempt Floyd Mayweather into fighting

Ireland star Conor McGregor first tried to tempt Floyd Mayweather into fighting

Ex-world champion insists two-fight deal is no publicity stunt

AMIR KHAN wants to fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor not once but TWICE.

Khan, 29, called out the Irishman last month — making it clear he was willing to switch to mixed martial arts for a no-holds-barred Octagon bout.

But he has now revealed that dust-up would be part of a two-fight deal, which would also see the duo go toe-to-toe in a boxing ring.

Mayweather has seemingly resisted the challenge of taking on UFC star McGregor

Mayweather has seemingly resisted the challenge of taking on UFC star McGregor

The former WBA and IBF super-lightweight champ told SunSport: “This isn’t just for publicity, it’s real.

Conor has been talking about fighting a boxer.

He wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather, but Mayweather didn’t want it.

“If me and Conor were going to do it, we’d do one boxing and one MMA. It would be a two-fight deal and would definitely work.”

Khan was brutally knocked out by Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez in his last fight back in May.

He has since undergone surgery to repair his broken right hand, which had prevented him from punching at full power for a staggering 13 years.

And while Khan would not hesitate to face McGregor, who tackles Nate Diaz in a huge rematch in Las Vegas next Saturday, he still has unfinished business in boxing.

Amir Khan fancies a switch to UFC after winning world titles in boxing

Amir Khan fancies a switch to UFC after winning world titles in boxing

The Bolton fighter added: “Boxing is my first priority, but big deals have been thrown at me for MMA.

“I love trying new sports out and maybe there could be something that happens in the future — if the deal is good enough, why not?

Conor’s got a big fight ahead of him against Diaz, but let’s see.

“It would take me six to eight months to prepare. It would be a lot of hard training and I would focus on MMA. I can kick quite hard!”

Khan’s injury revelation stunned his fans and left many questioning why he had boxed through the pain for so long.

But the Brit insists he had no choice due to fears unsuccessful surgery could end his career.

FILE - In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 file photo, UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor smiles during open workouts for UFC 196 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. McGregor says his dispute with UFC became a "publicized civil war" once he refused to participate in promotion for a fight against Nate Diaz, and the wildly-popular fighter took his unhappiness to social media. McGregor said he remained "committed to the fight game" and met with UFC officials recently in California to smooth out the relationship. (Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun via AP) LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL OUT; MANDATORY CREDIT

FILE – In this Wednesday, March 2, 2016 file photo, UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor smiles during open workouts for UFC 196 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. McGregor says his dispute with UFC became a “publicized civil war” once he refused to participate in promotion for a fight against Nate Diaz, and the wildly-popular fighter took his unhappiness to social media. McGregor said he remained “committed to the fight game” and met with UFC officials recently in California to smooth out the relationship. (Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun via AP) LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL OUT; MANDATORY CREDIT

He explained: “My right hand was battered but I couldn’t afford to get it fixed. There was no guarantee an operation would work.

“It could have ended my career, so I thought I just had to go through it and keep fighting no matter what.

“I got used to that pain for so many years that it never really got to me.

I knocked so many guys out with the right hand as well — I just kept going and lived with the pain.

“Now I’m going to be able to throw shots as hard as I can, without any fear.

“The hand is going to be perfect and I’m really looking forward to getting back in the ring. It was a really big operation but I can’t wait to throw the hand with all my power.”

News Source ARY & The Sun

About the Author

Syed Ammar Alavi

- is Lahore (Pakistan) based journalist & writer with 25-year experience in print, wire and broadcast forms of journalism. His major fields of interest are politics, film,tv,sports, climate change and technology

Pin It