I’m ready for the US Open, says Rafael Nadal104 views
NEW YORK: Former World No.1 Rafael Nadal said that he is feeling confident about his chances to win his third US Open title which is starting from next week at New York.
The 29 year-old Spaniard said that he’s ready for it as he has been playing good for last couple of weeks, he thinks that he’s in a better shape than a few months ago. But he’s confident that he can play well.
The King of Clay has won two US Open titles in 2010 and 2013, but he missed last year’s tournament due to illness and injury. This year he was knocked-out from Wimbledon from a second round loss, but he also claimed three titles in 2015 Hamburg, Stuttgart and Buenos Aires.
Currently World No.8 Nadal shared his views with the media at the sidelines of the promotional event Tommy Hilfiger underwear campaign, in which the 14-time Grand Slam winner was the star on Tuesday.