Taco Braid Recipe215 views
Love tacos but feeling like they’re getting a little same-old, same-old? Looking for something new to try that incorporates all of your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients and flavors? Well then have we got a recipe for you! Introducing: the Taco Braid! This fun and creative recipe wraps all of the usual taco fillings in PIZZA DOUGH for a loaf of deliciousness like we’ve never had before. Check it out!
– 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ cup chopped onion
– ¾ pound ground beef
– 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
– 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
– 1 tomato, diced, plus additional for top, if desired
– 1 ½ cups chopped lettuce
– Sour cream and salsa for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent and just starting to brown.
- Add the ground beef and taco seasoning, and fully cook the ground beef.
- Once it’s fully-cooked, drain the ground beef and set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto parchment paper. On both sides, cut equal strips, going about 1 ½ into the dough but NOT all the way from side to side. The dough should like it has fringe.
- Layer the ground beef, tomatoes, and cheese in the center of the dough.
- Braid the dough strips over the top of the filling, so that the filling is almost fully-encased in the dough.
- Slide the braided loaf onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned on top.
- Garnish the top with tomatoes, lettuce, and the remaining cheese. Serve with salsa (or taco sauce) and enjoy!
What a fun take on tacos! Do you think you’ll give this Taco braid a try? Have you ever seen anything like it before?