The world’s thinnest, lightest tablet ever- the Galaxy Tab S280 views
Yes, it seems nowadays that Apple and Samsung have nothing else better to do, but to compete with each other on who can make it bigger, better, thinner, and also lighter.
Samsung just revealed its newest tablet titled the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 which is going to be the world’s thinnest and lightest tablet available right now. It will be 5.6mm thin.
“The Galaxy Tab S2 is not only our thinnest and lightest tablet of its size ever, it also gives users quick, easy access to a wealth of superior viewing and productivity features,” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics.
“We believe the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is the most complete personal visual device designed for consumers to carry and use anywhere,” he added.
The Specifications of the device are:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2,048 x 1,536-pixel AMOLED screen
- Octa-core (with 1.9GHz and 1.3Ghz cores) processor
- Fingerprint scanner
- 32GB storage, 3GB RAM, MicroSD slot and support for LTE
- Two sizes include a 9.7in version which weighs 392g while the 8in weighs at 272g
- The 9.7in model has a 5,870mAh battery while the 8in has a 4,000mAh battery.
- Both devices will have a 8-megapixel rear camera with an f/1.9 lens, and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.
- Three colours will be available; Black, White, & Gold
Time will only tell if this new Tab S2 will do only good for Samsung as Apple is now seeing a steady growth and return of popularity with their products.
An official price and release date for the Galaxy Tab S2 has not yet been revealed.