Umar Akmal congratulates Sunrisers Hyderabad for winning ‘Pakistan Super League’389 views
Pakistan middle-order batsman Umar Akmal was trolled on Twitter on Sunday after he congratulated David Warner’s Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) for winning the Pakistan Super League.
Akmal took to the micro blogging site to wish the Orange Army for winning their maiden Indian Premier League crown. He however, wrote PSL instead of IPL. SRH defeated favourites Royal Challengers Bangalore by eight runs to win the ninth edition of the IPL on Sunday.
After being trolled by the followers, he later admitted his ‘mistake’ and posted another tweet with hash tag #IPL2016final. Akmal also asked one of them to behave.
PENCHANT FOR FINDING CONTROVERSIES
The junior Akmal has been in the eye of the storm for some time now. (Gayle caps controversial season with brutal assault in the final)
1. In November last year, Akmal was detained by police at a Mujra party. (Yuvraj’s wait for glory ends with memorable IPL season)
2. In January, the 26-year-old allegedly abused former player and coach Basit Ali in the dressing room after he was demoted in the batting line-up of a Quad-e-Azam trophy match.
3. He was jailed for one day in February for clashing with a traffic warden in his hometown in Lahore.
4. During the World T20 in March ahead of India clash, Akmal had asked Imran Khan to speak to captain Shahid Afridi during a team pep talk to promote him up in the batting order.
This sparked a huge controversy, with former skipper Ramiz Raja called for Akmal’s axing from one game.
“I am very angry with Umar’s behavior. Whenever he meets with a former great, he ends up talking about having his batting order changed. My heart says that for his behavior Umar should be sat out in the next match,” Ramiz said on Geo News channel.
5. In April, he was involved in an argument with a security guard at the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore.